Saturday, August 13, 2011

awkward

so this is something I've been struggling with: talking with friend's friend/family at a situation where you cant talk much.

Let me use an example to explain the situation better:

So I walked with my friend Tayler to meet up with her mom and sister tonight(whom both came to chicago to visit her) at the nearby baskin robins. I just wanna say hi to Terry(Tayler's mom) and then take off, let them have rest of the time by themselves. It wasn't awkward for me to talk to Terry cause we met/talked before when she came to visit. She's a wonderful lady. Yeah, I did the required say hi ask how is everyone doing thing, a little small talk with Terry.  But here's the tricky situation, I don't know Tayler's sister, and Tayler never really mentioned her ever. I have nothing to use as a icebreaker. You all know I can be awkward talking with people I don't know, and somehow I just can't look at the strangers in the face when talking(I feel like I'm be staring, making the other person uncomfortable)

So just like that, me and Terry were talking, Tayler and her sister on the side listening to us.
It kinnda went on for a bit, you know, cause I know Terry. But it got to a point where I was thinking like"I really should end the conversation soon and let them have their family time". But Terry kept on asking questions and I kept answering them. I feel like I was monopolizing the attention(which I don't want to do) I don't want to be too blunt and come off as rude. HOW SHOULD I END THIS CONVERSATION THEN?! I HATE THE AWKWARDNESS.

UGH.

Thats pretty much represents what I feel in all those my friend introduces his/hers friend to me situation. I rather not talk....

But you all know: when I'm talking to a friend that I know, it can be non stop and crazy.

Indeed an issue

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I Love you Ting man. :) You make me smile.

Chelsea said...

Oh how I love you Ting man. You make me smile. Mahalo.