Saturday, June 6, 2009

the lens back alive



A broken Canon EF 35mm F2.0 lens giving from a friend before I left hawaii.

It has been in my drawer for a while, never really got the chance to deal with it, almost forgotten about it.

While I was going through stuff a few days ago, I saw the lens lying there, so I decided to take it out and see what can I do with it.

It took me a total of 2 hours to remove the broken connectors that connects the AF on/off switch with the motherboard, and replacing it with three copper wires(the yellow one's in the photo).

Lucky it worked.

Although the lens still have some back focus issues, which requires me to unsolder it and adjust a switch on the back on the board, back and forth a few times to get the right adjustment.

Still I'm glad the lens is back alive, instead of sending to fix by a technician for 200 bucks, I only spend less then 10 bucks for the solder and the copper wire roll.
What a bargain. haha

No comments: