Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Voluntary work?

IMG_7187


Today was tired and productive(not in a $$ sense.)

Had to(forced by Mom) go help out a family friend's Flower store business.

Grabbed a cup of latte by Starbucks on the way there.
The shop was cold, really cold. Colder than outside, like 40F only.
I was kinnda under prepared for the whole thing, did not expect the shop to be this crazy cold so I didn't wore thick enough.
My hands and legs weren't able to warm up to whole time. Nothing worked.


So my job was to keep the register and write all those little message cards that goes with the flower.
My good hand writing(according to a lot people) help a lot.
But it was just... duh.

I wished it was not an voluntary job but rather than a paid labor thing.

Later on I was sent to deal with the roses.
The roses were beautiful. Some of them had like milions of small spikes.
I felt like the better that rose is, the more spikes it had.
Gave me a headache.

from 9 to 6.

Stressful. Valentine's week is stressful.

It's not a hard job, but ain't easy too.


Cause I'm ain't getting paid, so I get to complain here.






And I still got 5 days to go.(Holy crap)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, i like how u said, the more beautiful the rose, the more thorns it has, i like to think of myself as a very thorny rose... i like that you are occupying ur time helping ur moms friend out,i think u should take advantage and get many awsome shots of all sorts of flowers, that would be cool.