Friday, August 21, 2009

photo about thoughts

bla bla bla again




So as being a photographer, an artist that masters the light and the camera:
One of the most important thing is to have your own distinctive style. Gotta separate yourself from others, the general public.
I haven't fully developed my own style yet, but I know what I am doing, and where am I going.



These days cause of the popularization of the digital cameras, photography no longer is that such a luxury hobby for the rich and famous ones. Cause of the more people out there doing photography, it's even more important to stand out from everyone. There is just too much photographers these days all doing the same photos, the same pose, the same composition. The beginners all just copy others style, they get lost and lose themselves in the "taste of the general public" tidal wave. Being a photographer is never as artistic as it was anymore.




To make an example, photographers we see today most frequently, wedding photographers.


There is nothing wrong being a wedding photographer.
But if everyone all does the same kind of photos, then thats not no longer art.

Most of the wedding photographers, especially female wedding photographers (nothing personal), they all tend to do the same kind of photos.

They love to make the bride and groom "gloomy" in the photo with photoshop.
They love to tilt the horizon, to make the photo look more "fun".
They love to do posing pictures, with both the boy and girl faking.
They love to edit the photo in photoshop and tune up the contrast, vibrancy, saturation to make it look more "vivid".

I mean, it's all faked up.

Okay okay, I'm more a documentary style photographer. So it's my problem, huh.

hmm
Nope.

Let me ask you
Isn't a wedding/marriage a on going process?
Isn't it real? Like happening?
Then why faking it by adding those things? Posing pictures showing how beautiful and how handsome the bride and groom is.
How beautiful is the smile is.


Oh please, you can get the most beautiful smile easier than posing and faking it.



"A lot of photographers spend their entire lives try to create the perfect picture, there is no such thing. The only thing that is perfect is the moment" Joe buissink



the Moment, the Real human emotions are something that you cannot make up.



Photography is about the real stuff. It's the real stuff in the photo, the moment that carries the emotion and the meaning.
The true beautiful thing is the emotions, not how it it looks on the surface.


I think a lot photographers do not know this.


Or they might have just forgotten it, cause to survive they must adopt the general public's taste.









this is just my own perception of photography.

A lot of people might disagree with me

I don't blame them.

Because the perception of art is subjective.

that gives me the right to criticize them too.



Sometimes I hate to let people know I'm a photographer, cause photography has just made itself cheap.

it's almost like:
Photographer=Cheap artist.



you get my point?



BTW, I hate doing wedding photography.



but here is a wedding photographer I truly admire:
http://www.joebuissink.com/

1 comment:

Strato *12 said...

"There is just too much photographers these days all doing the same photos ...... Being a photographer is never as artistic as it was anymore."

前面我很認同 但是最後一句
其實無腦的複製不也是一種創造?
不過拾人牙慧的並不是令人那麼激賞就是了

"They love to make...I mean, it's all faked up."
其實這不過是一種想要讓畫面看起來較為別出心裁的手法, 很做作虛偽我知道, 但是大家喜歡看得就是如此, 市場需求就是如此...如此的喜歡這些賣弄感官的



"Photography is about the real stuff...not how it it looks on the surface."
渾然天成的完美真實情感可遇不可求,
而絕佳的預視構圖乃至完成構圖卻是一個攝影人在追求那頂尖的完美之前可以事先準備的概念.



Sometimes I hate to let people know I'm a photographer, cause photography has just made itself cheap.
其實並非完全是攝影本身讓他變得如此價廉, 而是攝影人將攝影的結果變得價廉


很久沒嘴砲了 =_=